Thursday, July 01, 2010

My Return

It’s been a while since I last updated my blog. This has been due to circumstances beyond my control that prevented me from trading. However, I have remained current with happenings in the markets by monthly checks of my charts. I have spent the last 2 weeks conducting an in-depth review of every trading day since February and “revving out” my trading plan. So far I have earned 198 pips in 2 weeks of trading and am ready to rock and roll again.

I remain focused on trading breakouts as this style of trading best suits my personality. I am a momentum breakout trader! That sounds quite cool… momentum breakout trader! It is probably the most difficult style of trading for anyone to wrap their brain around as it requires extraordinary discipline, extreme patience and a thorough knowledge of supply and demand in the markets. Supply and demand drives price action…What makes this type of trading so unique is the fact that it goes against the normal trading grain of buying low and selling high. Trading breakouts does the exact opposite. I buy higher and sell lower. It took me several years of intense research, back testing and trading to figure this out. And with all that, I feel as if I am on the threshold of an even greater and better experience of trading breakouts. Why? Because every day the markets teach me something new. That’s one of the real beauties of trading. It’s a never ending learning experience. I love it!

Over the last 4 months the markets have been quite volatile due to a number of global macro events to include Greece debt crisis, uncertainties in the Euro Zone, Elections in the UK etc. Some semblance of normalcy seems to be returning to the markets and currencies are trending nicely, providing excellent trading opportunities.

Historically, the markets are less volatile during the months of July and August as the big boys (institutional traders) take a break resulting in lower trading volumes. It is my belief that this summer will be quite busy as there is just so much going on in the global financial markets. I am bracing myself for a summer filled with trading excitement!

Below, please see a chart of a high probability momentum breakout trade placed on June 28. This was a breakout of the Frankfurt and London opening range. A solid 50 pips.

2 teams in the World Cup play a “momentum breakout” style of football... Brazil and Argentina!! In my next blog, I will expound on this statement. Blessings.

No comments: